NORTH CENTER — North Center’s 2018 Summer Concert Series kicks off Wednesday night with live music from The Black Tape.
The band’s set of 60’s influenced rock and Motown sound will start at 7 p.m. at Northcenter Town Square, 4100 N. Damen Ave. It’ll be the band’s final show together, according to the band’s Facebook page.
Tonight’s performance is the first of seven free events in the neighborhood’s town square organized by the Northcenter Chamber of Commerce.
“The summer concert series is free and it’s a fun. It’s just a nice place to gather, meet the neighbors and enjoy Chicago’s wonderful, fleeting summer,” said Lindsay Eanet, executive director for the chamber. “And it’s a kid friendly event. We’ll have toys and sidewalk chalk out for the kids.”
The concert series also features restaurants handing out samples to attendees. Wednesday’s event will have food from Tuscan Hen Market, 4019 N. Damen Ave.
Here’s the lineup for the North Center’s Summer Concert Series:
- July 11th – The Black Tape (featured restaurant: Tuscan Hen Market)
- July 18th – South City Revival (featured restaurant: Blue Sky Bakery)
- July 25th – Alpine Subs (featured restaurant: Zia’s Lago Vista)
- August 1st – LYRIQ Music School Presents From Rock to Opera: A LYRIQ Teachers Showcase (featured restaurant: Dos Ricco’s)
- August 8th – Molehill
- August 15th – The Polkaholics
- August 22nd – Movie Night (featured restaurant: Cookie Spin)
“I hope we’ll see everyone tonight and every Wednesday through August 22,” said Eanet. “We have a pretty packed calendar between this and the farmers market every Saturday at the same space.”