Skip to contents
Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park

Man And Woman Found In Garage Accidentally Died Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Their bodies were found Tuesday afternoon in the 4100 block of North Mozart.

A 14-year-old girl who was shot in the head Wednesday was listed in critical condition at Comer Children’s Hospital, officials said.
  • Credibility:

ALBANY PARK — A man and a woman found dead in an Albany Park garage this week accidentally died from carbon monoxide poisoning, officials ruled Wednesday.

The bodies were found at 3:50 p.m. Tuesday in a garage behind a two-flat at 4103 N. Mozart. Officers doing a well-being check made the discovery.

Initial reports said police found one person inside a vehicle and the other person outside of it.

Chicago Police Department News Affairs Officer Ana Pacheco said there were no apparent signs of physical trauma to either person found. They were pronounced dead on the scene at 4:19 p.m.

On Wednesday the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office identified the man as Jamie Mouricepan Ora, 34, from West Ridge, and the woman as Maryilu Padilla-Vazquez, 31, from suburban Summit.

The cause of death was carbon monoxide inhalation of automobile exhaust, according to the medical examiner’s office. Both deaths have been ruled an accident.